Monday, October 1, 2007

Etsy Louisiana at St. Roch

This past Friday I hung out at the new Friday on the Roch market to represent the Etsy Louisiana Street Team and spread the Etsy love. I’d made a fun tablecloth/sign for us to use at events like this one, and I even brought my dog along to help spread the word (she’s rockin’ an awesome Etsy bandana that I picked up last May at the Maker Faire).

Miss Kathy of betweenpeityanddesire is one of the fabulous organizers of this event (which I really hope takes off, because they’re trying to revive the St. Roch Market as a community marketplace — it’s one of my favorite buildings in town). I also got to chat with other local Etsyians GypsyCharmsJewelry and I picked up an amazing one of a kind acrylic seahorse necklace from yabettasupadont. (She said she plans to make more like it soon. Though I’ll admit, I was also swooning over her hummingbird earrings.)

If you’re in the New Orleans area and missed this event, many of the same artists will be at the new Freret Market this Saturday. My fellow Craft Mafioso art by mags! will also be in town for the event, though I will not be unfortunately. I’m headed to New Jersey later this week with my friend Gwen from Sigh Co. Graphics (a local NOLA company -- I keep trying to recruit her to Etsy!) to help her out at Chiller Theatre.

(this post has been cross-posted from my blog, MissMalaprop.com)

No comments: